This page contains a sample itinerary. For more itineraries, please contact me.
3-Day Simien Mountains Tour (Sample Itinerary)
- 4WD transportation to and from Gonder
- cook & cooking materials
- mule(s) & mule handler
- sleeping bags & mattresses
- all park entrance fees
- plenty of food & bottled mineral water
- alcoholic drinks
- Day 1:
- We will meet you in the morning at Gonder Airport or your hotel in Gonder. Drive from Gonder to Sankaber camp. You can pass over the first camp site called Buit Ras. Spend a night at Sankaber camp site. You could visit some viewpoints and endemic species.
- Day 2:
- Walk from Sankaber to Geech. Five to Six hours walk. You could see many fascinating things including the big waterfall, river, birds, different plants, species and so on (Gelada baboons of course!). Spend the second night at Geech site.
Walk from Geech to a place called Ambaras; it takes about two hours to get to the main road and that is a place where we meet the driver with the jeep. Then as soon as you arrive in Ambaras you will start driving to Gonder via Debark, about five hours driving!